March 26, 2013

Make | Damask Shawl

I have a serious project on the cards this week that I am aiming to get finished by Wednesday (tomorrow!!! aaaarrrrgh!!!).  For the past seven weeks, I have been working on a knitted lace shawl as part of a Winter knit-a-long at Gather DTLA.  It has been a seriously steep learning curve as it is my first lacework project and has been super difficult to do so far.  I have had a good few mishaps along the way, but if nothing else, it has taught me how to be more patient!  I have really enjoyed my time with it so far and the final finished product will , undoubtably, be beautiful.  I don't think I really realised what I was getting myself in for when I signed up for the class but I'm so pleased that I did.  I have made some lovely new friends (including a puppy named Skuli), discovered a new part of LA, learnt a new way of knitting (by following a pattern) and also gained a better understanding of basic knitting itself.  As much as I have wanted to rip it out and re-start the project several times, I'm so glad that I've had my little angels on my shoulder telling me not to (thank you Evi and PC!)  I'm really excited for it to be finished so that I can move onto a new project and start the next knit-a-long.






































See below for more progress photos







Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. Oh, I love the lacy detail on this shawl. It is always good to challenge yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful shawl. I've finished it now and I can't wait to block it and get some better photographs of it. It was super hard but totally worth it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips